Im BACK! Did you miss me? I sure missed all of you! Im happy to be back in the kitchen and back to blogging.
Its been a whirlwind of a summer full of so many sweet memories- camping, fishing, paddle boarding, going to the beach, I could go on and on! I really enjoyed the time that I took to unplug and step away from the blog to reconnect with real life. In fact I contemplated whether or not to return to the blogging world. Not because I dont love it (it truly is a labor of love), but because I realized how much time it requires, time that could (and should) be spent with my family. So, that said, after much thought Ive decided to return to blogging but to abbreviate things a bit. This means some shorter posts, fewer photos, and less time spent on social media. Thats a fair compromise, right?
So to celebrate the return of Blue Crab Martini, I thought we should kick things off with a cocktail. This Frozen S’moretini combines rich chocolate, graham crackers, and marshmallow infused vodka- it’s the perfect celebratory drink!
Originally Id planned to use store bought marshmallow vodka. I’d been eyeing it up all winter long, just waiting for summer to arrive so I could make this very drink. Well guess what? It seems that they stopped making marshmallow vodka! At least that’s what I was told during my third unsuccessful liquor store stop. Whether or not this is true, or if the stores I visited just happened to be ransacked by a bunch of marshmallow maniacs, remains to be seen.
I decided marshmallow vodka sounded pretty easy to make at home (marshmallows + vodka = marshmallow vodka, right?!) Luckily, my intuitions proved correct and this made for one delicious, full of marshmallowy-goodness drink. Enjoy!
This Frozen Smoretini was originally shared as one of my monthly cocktail contributor posts on Just Us Four
- 6 oz vodka
- 3 extra large marshmallows (plus more for garnish)*
- 6 oz Godiva chocolate liqueur
- 2-3 TBS chocolate syrup (plus more for garnish)
- Crushed graham crackers
- Crushed ice (2-3 cups)
- *Note: toasted marshmallows would be extra delicious!
- Begin by making the marshmallow-infused vodka. Cut each marshmallow in half and place into a measuring cup. Pour the vodka over the marshmallows and muddle together. Let it sit for at least one hour in order to extract as much flavor as possible.
- Then, in a blender combine the marshmallow-infused vodka, chocolate liqueur, chocolate syrup, and crushed ice. Blend together until desired consistency is reached. (Note: leave the marshmallows in when blending, they add a ton of flavor and a nice creamy consistency to the drink.)
- Pour the blended drink mixture into two martini glasses rimmed with chocolate and crushed graham crackers.
- Top with a marshmallow coated in chocolate and graham crackers (optional).