The Gallagher is twisted, edgy, sinful, and it’s downright dirty. In one word, it’s shameless- just like the TV family that inspired it.
I’ve been counting down the days until the return of Shameless on Showtime, and it’s finally here. Watching the Gallagher’s twisted lives unravel on screen is my guilty pleasure. Every Sunday night I know I can count on Fiona, Debbie, Frank, and Lip (my favorite) to show the darker, twisted side of life.
Tonight is the premier of Season 5, so it’s only fitting that we celebrate the return of TV’s most dysfunctional family in true Gallagher fashion- with a drink in hand. This cocktail is like an edgy, dirty play on a Bloody Mary. Fresh jalapenos give it a real kick of sinful spice, and the addition of beer muddies it up a bit, making it a real down and dirty drink.
Each sip of The Gallagher has a little bite to it, but it keeps you coming back for more- just like the Gallagher’s on Shameless. I can’t wait to see what wild and twisted adventures they get into this season, and I’m so glad the premier is finally here!
So cheers, to my fellow Gallagher loving Shameless fans! And to those who have yet to check it out, I suggest you shake up one of these spicy drinks and catch up on what you’ve been missing!
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 2 jalapeno slices, with seeds
- 3 slices of lime
- 2 slices of lemon
- 4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- Pinch of celery salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 3 oz Vodka
- Several ounces of your favorite lager beer (we used Yuengling)
- Sea Salt
- Smoked Paprika
- Combine tomatoes, jalapenos, lime, lemon, Worcestershire, celery salt, and black pepper into a martini shaker. Muddle together.
- Add the vodka and fill shaker with ice.
- Shake until well combined.
- Then combine the sea salt and smoked paprika.
- Rim a martini glass with the sea salt and smoked paprika mixture.
- Pour the vodka mixture through a strainer into the rimmed glass.
- Then pour in several ounces of your favorite lager, until the glass is full.