A healthy, easy, (and totally delicious) dinner thats on the table in 20 minutes flat? Sounds like the perfect summer meal to me!
This Lemon Honey Chicken is a simple dish to prepare but packs a ton of flavor into each bite. The best part is that from prep, to cook, to serve, this dinner takes no time at all. A few simple ingredients and a couple of minutes in the kitchen are all you need! So now, even on the busiest of nights you have no excuse not to cook a homemade dinner 😉
This recipe is also part of the Monthly Ingredient Challenge! Meaghan from Cook. Craft. Love chose lemons as our featured ingredient for this month and I pondered long and hard on what I should make. Why? Not because I dont like lemons quite the opposite actually, I LOVE lemons! Ive shared tons of lemon recipes on this blog and I wanted do something different.
With the temperatures rising and our schedules becoming increasingly busy, I have little desire to spend hours in a hot kitchen making dinner. Fast, fresh meals that require little effort are my go-to staples during the summer months. This Lemon Honey Chicken, cooked and on the table in 20 minutes, certainly meets my no-fuss dinner requirements!
Although the tender chicken is quite tasty, the real star of this dish is the sweet and tangy Lemon Honey Sauce. Its full of zesty lemon with a hint of sweet honey to balance the flavors. With only a few simple ingredients you can prepare a meal thats fresh and perfectly fit for summer!
Be sure to check out the other delicious lemon dishes my fellow Monthly Ingredient Bloggers created! Im glad I have a stockpile of lemons on hand, because these ladies made some incredibly tasty things this month!
- 1 lbs chicken, cut into small pieces
- 1 TBS rice wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 1 TBS soy sauce (GF)
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Juice and zest of 2 lemons
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- ¼ cup water
- 1 TBS cornstarch (more if needed)
- 4 TBS honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh basil
- Sesame seeds
- Serve with rice or quinoa
- Combine the rice wine vinegar, garlic, olive oil, soy sauce, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Whisk to mix and then add the chicken. Let marinate for 5 minutes.
- Pour the chicken and marinade into a non-stick pan and saute over medium heat. Stir and simmer until the chicken is fully cooked. While the chicken is cooking, make the Lemon Honey Sauce.
- Whisk all of the ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Once the chicken has fully cooked, pour the sauce mixture into the pan with the chicken. Simmer and stir for 2-3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Serve over rice with a sprinkle of sesame seeds and a garnish of basil. Enjoy!