Happy Sunday everyone! I hope you all got a chance to spend some time outside today- the weather was unbelievably beautiful!
I had previously mentioned that Id be sharing cocktails on Fridays, but thats not working with my schedule very well. So from now on, expect drinks to be posted on Sundays instead. I generally dont drink during the week so its been hard to have cocktail posts ready to go by Friday. Sunday works better for me, so Sunday it shall be! Speaking of cocktails have you checked out my 5 Oclock Somewhere board on Pinterest yet?
Today Ive got a delicious dessert cocktail for you to try- the Lemon Meringue Martini! Sinfully sweet with the perfect pop of lemon tartness, this drink would be the perfect pairing for any springtime celebration! (I originally shared this post as my monthly contribution on Just Us Four.)
Last year Shaun and I went to a wine festival in the beautiful little town of St. Michaels on the Eastern Shore of Maryland. We sipped on all kinds of wine- red, white, and everything in between- but there was one vendor offering samples of limoncello. I’m a sucker for anything lemon flavored, so of course I just had to give it a try. It was incredibly sweet but had a nice little kick of tangy lemon- just the way I like it.
Ever since then I’ve had fun experimenting with new ways to use limoncello. Although I’ve made quite a few delicious drinks along the way, this Lemon Meringue Martini surely takes the cake (err, pie)!
Sweet limoncello combined with fresh lemon juice and vanilla flavored rum makes for the perfect dessert cocktail. As a fun play off of the classic lemon meringue pie, I chose to rim the glass with crushed graham crackers and top it all off with a dollop of homemade vanilla cream. Each sip is like taking a bite of delicious lemon meringue pie.
Although there may still be a little snow on the ground (at least that’s the case here in Annapolis), this luscious lemony drink is the perfect reminder that spring is just around the corner. Cheers!
- 4 oz Half n Half*
- 6 oz Limoncello
- 6 oz Vanilla flavored rum
- 4 TBS Simple syrup
- ½ Lemon, juiced
- Whipped cream of choice* (I made my own vanilla infused cream- see note below)
- Graham cracker crumbs, for garnish
- Lemon slice, for garnish
- Rim two martini glasses with crushed graham cracker pieces.
- Combine the half n half, limoncello, vanilla rum, simple syrup, and lemon juice in a martini shaker filled with ice.
- Shake until chilled and well combined.
- Pour the liquid into the graham cracker lined martini glasses.
- Top with a dollop of whipped cream, garnish with a lemon slice, and sprinkle with additional graham cracker pieces.