In the frostbitten days of February when comfort food reigns supreme, nothing is more satisfying than a big plate of pasta for dinner. This One Pan Tortellini & Sausage Alfredo hits the comfort food trifecta- fast, easy and totally nom-nom-aliciously delicious!
With just 20 minutes and a handful of ingredients, youll have a tasty warm meal on the table that your whole family will love. The best part is that everything cooks in one pan! That means less mess and more time to enjoy dinner.
When I think of comfort food, one thing always come to mind- Alfredo. Creamy, rich, cheesy and oh so satisfying, Alfredo is the king of comfort food and although I enjoy making it from scratch, sometimes there just arent enough hours in the day. When busy weeknights require delicious on demand, I like to turn to sauces from Bertolli. Their Creamy Alfredo Sauce is crafted using Italian traditions and the flavors of Tuscany. If it cant be homemade, make it Bertolli!
Although I am exactly 0% Italian, I still dream of traveling to Italy (mostly so I can eat my way through enough pasta to last a lifetime). If Im ever lucky enough to visit Italy I would love to swing by the original marketplace, Viva Bertolli. This is where Francesco Bertolli sold cheese, wine and olives. Its also where he became the first exporter of olive oil to the USA. Although many years have passed, his traditions of quality Italian cuisine live on today through delicious meals such as this one.
Making this One Pan Tortellini & Sausage Alfredo is so simple:
Start by searing the sausage to get a nice caramelization on each side.
Then add the onions, garlic and peppers to the pan. Cook and stir until softened, about 2 minutes. Then remove everything from the pan and set aside until later.
Next, in the pan, combine the Alfredo and chicken stock. Stir until it begins to bubble, then add the tortellini. Stir to combine, cover, then simmer for 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, remove the lid and add the sausage, onions, garlic and peppers. Stir and continue to simmer until the tortellini is al dente (about 1-2 minutes).
Serve warm and garnish with Parmesan and a sprinkle of fresh parsley. Enjoy!
- 12 oz package of Andouille sausage (I used chicken, but pork would work too), casings removed and sliced into small pieces
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- ½ sweet onion, diced
- 1½ cups low sodium chicken stock
- 2 15 oz jars of Bertolli Creamy Alfredo Sauce
- 20 oz container of fresh cheese tortellini (find it in the refrigerator case at your grocery store)
- Parmesan cheese, for garnish
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add the Andouille sausages. Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes, or until the pieces have a nice sear of caramelization on them.
- Then add the red pepper, onions and garlic to the pan. Continue to stir and saute until the peppers are soft, about 2 minutes. Remove everything from the pan and set aside for later.
- Next combine the Alfredo sauce and the chicken stock in the pan and stir until it begins to bubble. Then add the tortellini to the pan and stir to combine. Cover the pan and simmer on low-medium heat for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, remove the cover and add the sausage, peppers, onions and garlic. Conitnue to simmer until the pasta is al dente, about 2 minutes.
- Serve warm and garnish with Parmesan cheese and fresh parsley. Enjoy!