Dare I say it, but I think weve finally kicked winter to the curb! This sudden change to warmer weather has me craving lighter, fresher, and healthier food. In fact, I woke up at 5:24am yesterday obsessing over the thought of this salad (yes- I think Ive reached the point where I even dream about food)! To me, this Pistachio Crusted Chicken Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette is the ultimate warm weather meal.
Its fresh, light, and packed full of delicious flavor!
I made this for lunch and it came together in a flash, which is great because now that its warmer I want to spend every minute outside. Weve been going on walks, playing outside with the neighborhood kids, and Ive even taken up running again! Theres a 5k coming up that I really want to run in, so Ive been training hard core. Its been amazing to feel the sunshine and clock a few miles on my running shoes again!
This Pistachio Crusted Chicken Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette is so tasty youll forget its healthy. The sweetness of the berries combined with the salty kick from the feta cheese is so delicious! Sweet and salty is always the perfect flavor combination in my book. Top it all off with a drizzle of homemade raspberry vinaigrette and youve got one heck of a gourmet meal!
Hows the weather treating you this week? Have you started to see signs of spring where you are? I hope any snow thats been lingering in your yard is melting away and the temperatures are on the rise. Heres to a wonderful, warm weekend full of fun!
- ½ cup roasted and salted pistachios, finely chopped
- ¼ cup roasted sunflower seeds, finely chopped
- Sprinkle of sea salt and pepper
- 1 egg
- Splash of half and half (or whole milk)
- 4-5 chicken breast tenderloins
- Handful of fresh raspberries (roughly ¼ cup)
- 2 tsp pomegranate vinegar
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- Squeeze of honey
- Pinch of sea salt
- Handful of fresh spring greens (arugula, spinach, kale, romaine, or greens of your choice)
- ¼ cup fresh raspberries
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- Sprinkle of crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat your oven to 400*.
- Next, in a small bowl whisk together the egg and half and half.
- Then in a plate (or shallow dish) toss together the chopped pistachios, sunflower seeds, sea salt, and pepper.
- Coast each chicken tenderloin in the egg mixture, then roll it in the pistachio mixture to lightly coat it on both sides.
- Place the pistachio covered chicken tenderloins onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes at 400*, or until the chicken is cooked all the way through.
- In a mason jar (or large glass cup) muddle together the fresh raspberries.
- Add the pomegranate vinegar, olive oil, honey, and sea salt.
- Muddle a little bit more, extracting as much raspberry flavor as possible.
- Pour through a fine mesh strainer, and serve on the salad.
- Toss together your greens, raspberries, blueberries and feta cheese. Top with a pistachio crusted chicken tenderloin, and drizzle with the homemade raspberry vinaigrette.