When I started this blog back in February of 2014, I thought it would be a fun way to share my recipes with friends and family. Never did I imagine that in just a few short months it would have grown into what it is today. I am incredibly thankful for each and every person who has taken the time to stop by and visit my blog, comment on a post, or share my recipes. It means so much to me!
Now that 2014 is coming to a close, I thought it would be fun to look back at the top 10 recipes from this year. These are the recipes that you loved the most, and some were even featured on sites such as the Huffington Post, Foodista, and TheBerry.com.
2014 was a great first year for Blue Crab Martini, but I have even better things planned for 2015. Starting January 1st, Ill be launching a new series called #EatLean2015. Well be kicking off the new year with 15 days of healthy (but tasty) recipes. After the busy holiday season I feel like my diet needs a serious reboot, dont you? Ive got some great things in the works for #EatLean2015, and trust me, you dont want to miss it!
I hope you join me for another year of delicious recipes and a glimpse of what life on the Chesapeake Bay is all about. Cheers to a great year, and lets make 2015 amazing!
Top 10 Recipes of 2014
1. The Old Fashioned Holiday: Our fun twist on a classic Old Fashioned bourbon cocktail.
2. Coconut Oil Pie Crust: Ditch those Crisco-laden pie crusts and try this healthier alternative instead. Its gluten free and contains no refined sugar.
3. Roasted Butternut Squash & Quinoa Salad with Maple Vinaigrette: A healthy side dish thats equally suited for a fancy party or a simple lunch.
4. Pad Thai Spaghetti Squash with Creamy (Healthy) Peanut Sauce: One of my favorites, this is a delicious twist on classic Pad Thai.
5. The Bloody Point Mary: Shauns take on a Bloody Mary, inspired by a Chesapeake Bay landmark.
6. Chicken & Waffles with Creamy Havarti & Cranberry Compote: Enjoy it as an appetizer or as a brunch, either way this will quickly become a family favorite.
7. Fresh Tomato Soup in the Crock Pot: From the garden to the crock pot, this tomato soup is easy, fast, and delicious.
8. The Ginger Fizzy: A refreshing cocktail thats perfect for sippin on a Sunday afternoon.
9. Coconut and Clementine Paleo Ice Cream: A healthier version of the classic orange creamsicle frozen dessert.
10. Roasted Garlic and Meyer Lemon Spaghetti: Meyer lemons and roasted garlic are a match made in heaven.