The Monday after a long holiday break- its back to the grind of every day life and facing the reality of busy schedules. Ill be honest, I dont really feel like adulting today. Not one bit. It would be easy to crawl back under the covers and forget about responsibilities, but thats not an option with two crazy (and hungry) kids running around.
To take the sting out of the return of real life I rely on quick and easy meals like these Turkey Apple Brie Quesadillas to get us through the hustle and bustle of a busy week. This tasty meal comes together in under 10 minutes and requires only a handful of wholesome ingredients- spinach, apples, Brie cheese, sliced turkey, and tortillas are all you need.
My favorite thing about this effortless meal is that it’s a dish that the whole family will enjoy. That’s right, fellow moms, it’s possible to not only get your kids to eat spinach but to like it too! Spinach is a superfood that packs a nutritious punch of vitamins and minerals. I guess Popeye knew what he was doing after all!
Each bite of these Turkey Apple Brie Quesadillas has the perfect balance of crunchy tortilla and creamy, melty cheese. The fresh Granny Smith apples offer just a hint of tangy sweetness and pair perfectly with the peppered turkey and earthy spinach. We like to serve our quesadillas hot out of the pan alongside of a simple spinach apple and fennel salad (a double dose of healthy yum)!
- 6 Flour tortillas (fajita size works best)
- 5.8 oz Brie cheese, rind removed and cut into small pieces
- Fresh spinach, roughly 1 cup, stems removed
- 1-2 Granny Smith apples, thinly sliced
- Thinly sliced deli style turkey (I used a peppercorn turkey).
- On one tortilla, layer together the Brie cheese, spinach, apple slices and several pieces of turkey. Then, on another tortilla place more Brie cheese.
- Next, in a large nonstick pan over medium heat, cook the tortillas until they are golden brown and the cheese has fully melted.
- Once both tortillas have cooked, combine them together and press lightly so that the cheese spreads throughout the quesadilla. Slice into wedges and serve immediately. Enjoy!